Mid Columbia Web believes that all small businesses should have a killer website and an active blog, and we are going to explore the benefits of small business blogging in this 10 part series.
The first and biggest benefit for your small business blogging efforts is that your customers will get to know you. Not just the generic you, but the reasons that make your business unique. When your customers feel like they know you, they feel like they can trust you and that is the outcome all businesses strive for.
There are many things you can share with your customers on your blog, and it shouldn’t be all business related. Let your customers get to know the personalities at your company. Don’t be afraid to “put yourself out there”, that is what blogging is about.
Small Business Blogging Ideas to Get Customers to Know You
• Staff’s favorite products or services
• Customer of the Month
• Funny stories that have happened in your office (company legends)
• Your thoughts about community issues
• What are the trends in your industry and how you will handle them
• Let various staff members blog about what they do at your company and what that means to them
• Get to Know (Employee Name) posts, using a form the employee can post their fave TV shows, movies, music, hobbies, about their families, etc. to get the customers the feeling that they now know the employee.
• What are your traditions at your company? A big summer BBQ? A Christmas Party with Santa? Blog about it.
• Share news from recent trade shows or conferences you have attended.
• Post customer testimonials and feedback, it will prove to prospects and reinforce to existing customers that you are a reputable company.
• Write about your corporate culture and why it makes you unique.
• Share any charity work your company does.
All of the ideas above and whatever you come up with will set you apart in the marketplace. Promote your blog to your customers, in your newsletter, in your printed material, on the other parts of your websites, in your email signatures. Make it an extension of your company.
The use of images, or pictures, provides visual interest, not only does it make your page more interesting, and breaks up the text, but it make your customers feel like they are getting to know more about the staff.
If you really want to take it to the next level, incorporate video blogging, or vlogging as it is called. Video really connects people and can bring your customers even closer to you. Small business vlogging can really set you apart from the competition.
Blogging is a simple, inexpensive way to share your brand with your customers and community. It doesn’t take a lot of work and Mid Columbia Webs would be happy to work with you to get your small business website and blog up quickly and easily.
Subscribe to our RSS feed to make sure you don’t miss the other nine parts of our Small Business Blogging series.
P.S. Call or email us today to see how we can get your small business website and/or blog online fast.